3 February 2014

Personal Styling | Working Wardrobe

 In this post, I decided to address the question I am most commonly asked....'Can I wear this to work? And my answer of course to that is YES! Gone are the days where 80% of every working girl's wardrobe consisted of suits and the other 20% accounted for casual and occasional wear. While out shopping, before picking up an item, I always think of different ways it can be styled depending on each occasion it will be worn for. Not only does it save time and money, it also prevents hoarding items which are often found at the back of your wardrobe. I'm sure we've all been guilty of that!

Before purchasing any items, remember to ask yourself these two important questions... 'can I see myself wearing this outfit again?' And if so 'how can I style it?' Below, I have compiled three fashion-forward outfits as an alternative to the common suits which can be worn in the workplace.

Prints are top of the trend list and it doesn't look like that will be changing any time soon! Sleeveless shift dresses are one of the best items of clothing to wear for work as you can style it differently by adding a bolero with a skinny belt, a polo neck for winter or a white shirt which is what I've chosen to do. If you're brave enough, add a contrasting necklace which I have done. Finish it off with a pair of simple nude court heels, which will keep the attention on the dress. 

Dress - Hobbs
Shirt - Topshop
Necklace - Primark 
Heels - Primark 


I chose to create this outfit based on the footwear. I opted for a pair of silver metallic pointed heels as an alternative to the common court heels to start off this outfit. Not only is metallic a trend which never seems to date, the shoe also features a low heel which makes it practical and most importantly comfortable to wear. I chose to pair it with grey narrow cigarette pants which gives the illusion of longer legs. Add a white crisp shirt with a statement necklace and finish it off with a coloured blazer for a twist. In this case, I selected a cobalt blue blazer which instantly gives my clients complexion a health glow.

Blazer - H&M
Shirt - Topshop
Necklace - Primark
Trousers - Hobbs
Heels - Zara


Add a twist to your usual bootleg trousers, perfect for those with Triangle or a Full hourglass body shapes as it helps to balance out the hips. Tweed usually is considered as informal wear as it was commonly used for outdoor activities,  however it creates a much smarter look teamed up with a pair of pointed court heels in the same colour. Complete with a silk white shirt with rolled up sleeves for a relaxed look. Don't forget the accessories!

Shirt - Mango
Necklace - Hobbs
Trousers - Hobbs
Heels - Zara

Client: Frederica Longdon [Fashion Marketer]
Photos taken by yours truly!
Styled by yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment